Data Backup Solutions
Keep Your Company Safe with Data Backup Solutions You Can Rely On
Proudly serving Thomaston for over 20 years
W. O’Donnell Consulting is your trusted local provider of remote backup and managed data backup services in the Thomaston, CT area. Our continuous and secure managed remote data backup services free up your internal staff and give you peace of mind knowing that you’ll never lose the data that your organization depends on to operate. Contact us today get started!
What is Data Backup and Why is it Important?
A data backup solution makes copies of your data which can be restored in the event of a loss. Not all data is equally important, so depending on the unique needs of your business the backup solution may include everything, or may not include all data to realize a cost savings. You may ask yourself if our systems are working fine, why do we need such a solution? To put it simply, things happen—things like natural disasters, man-made disasters (such as accidental deletion by an employee), cyberattacks, and hardware and software failures, to name a few.
If just one of these unforeseen situations occurs, your business could face significant downtime. Most importantly, you’ll find yourself unable to restore your data unless you have a backup solution in place.
Some of the consequences of failing to prepare a backup plan include:
- Fines for insufficient customer data security
- Ruined reputation
- Inability to operate
- A loss in trust and sales from customers
- Liability for lost customer data
Any one of these can mean the end of your business if you don’t prepare. Fortunately, W. O’Donnell Consulting has helped customers avoid these consequences by identifying important data and providing solutions to back it up.
Which Solution is Right for Your Company?
Deciding on the right backup strategy is important. We’ll work closely with your technology and business partners to fully understand your needs. We can help you define retention policies, classify data, and make it secure. We offer the following data backup solutions:
- On-premise: This model stores your data within your environment on a network device, such as a network-attached storage (NAS) or a storage-area network (SAN) device. This model provides a local copy of the data over which your organization maintains full control. However, maintaining data copies only on premise can be risky in the event of an environmental event such as flood, fire, or electrical surge.
- Pure cloud (remote): The cloud model stores data outside of the Local Area Network. This can be on a third-party network, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure. A pure cloud backup solution is, apart from the Internet connection, independent of the business location and provides storage of data with access by distributed locations in the event of a disaster. We can help determine the right cloud environment and configure automated backups.
- Hybrid: A hybrid model uses both local storage devices and a cloud environment for more data protection. We can help you ur business prioritize its data, storing copies of the most sensitive information locally and under added security in the cloud. Any configuration of backups is possible depending on business needs.
So, which one is right for your business? Each model has its benefits, and each company is different. We can help determine out the best solution based on the needs of your business.
Why choose W. O'Donnell Consulting for data backup solutions?
Nobody can promise that your business will stay safe from disasters, but you can set it up for resilience by partnering with the right solution provider. We have years of experience creating data backup plans and policies for our clients. Ensuring your business can quickly restore its critical data is our top priority.
W. O’Donnell Consulting has been your trusted, local provider of data backup services for over 20 years. When you partner with us, we’ll help you create a data backup plan that works for your business. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Free Consultation and Discussion
Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more about how this solution can help your organization reduce its risk profile by better protecting your network and data.
Server Virtualization Benefits
- Lower power costs by reducing physical servers
- Reduce the effects of hardware failure
- Faster server provisioning for projects
- Reduce hardware vendor lock-in
- Extend the life of legacy applications
- Improves security by requiring 2nd form of identity
- Increases mobility & flexibility with improved access
- Lowers IT costs by reducing support requests
Best in Class
We are aware that a wide array of technology vendors exist and painstakingly look for and test best-in-class emerging solutions to ensure your business makes the right choice.
We are dedicated to our clients and doing what is in their best interest. Our goal is to implement technology that is proven, affordable and actually works for the benefit of our clients.
We have consulted on and managed numerous IT projects, including large-scale international projects. Call us to discuss your initiatives and leverage our experience to benefit you.