NY SHIELD Act Compliance
NY SHIELD Act Compliance - Assessment and Remediation Services Can Help Your Business
Proudly serving Torrington for over 20 years
W. O’Donnell Consulting is your trusted local NY SHIELD Act compliance assessment and remediation services company in the Torrington, CT area. When you partner with us, you’ll get professional consulting services to make sure your business is compliant with this new regulation. Contact us today to speak to a NY SHIELD Act compliance consultant.
What is the New York SHIELD Act?
Data security has become necessary in a world where much of our sensitive data is online. Companies are responsible for a lot of information and keeping their customers’ data safe. Your industry will determine the regulations with which your business must comply. In many cases, businesses think that because they’re not a ‘large’ or in an industry that is formally regulated, that there’s no need for concern. However, there’s a new state regulation for New York: the NY Stop Hacks and Improve Electronic Data Security (SHIELD) Act. This law applies to businesses small and large across all industries.
The NY SHIELD Act is a new cybersecurity law that took effect on March 21, 2020. It requires companies to enforce reasonable security measures and broadens the definition and scope of data to be protected. Your company is no longer out of compliance only when a breach occurs, but it is also at risk if an insider accesses data they are not supposed to.
Securing your environment can be complex and requires an expert. Indeed, this is one job you should not do on your own. Fortunately, a firm like W. O’Donnell Consulting can assist with assessment and remediation services.
Ensure NY SHIELD Act compliance with W. O'Donnell Consulting
At W. O’Donnell Consulting, when something new comes along, such as the NY SHIELD Act, we do our homework, so we know exactly what is required. While every company is different and needs may vary, our team of experts will analyze your environment and produce a solution for each identified deficiency. The following are some of the benefits you will receive by partnering with us:
- Available resources: You don’t need to hire a full-time team or drain your existing resource pool to do the work. We’ll examine your IT (Information Technology) environment for compliance deficiencies and put forth recommendations in an efficient manner.
- Access to professionals: Our team is experienced. We’ll identify solutions that are right sized for your business. In the event of noncompliance, we can help with remediation if your organization doesn’t have the available human resources or expertise in-house.
- Ongoing peace of mind: With our periodic, comprehensive assessments, we will provide your company with documentation of its ongoing efforts to maintain compliance.
- Personalized advice: While we can help you achieve compliance with NY SHIELD Act, we will also point to other IT security improvements and best practices to keep your business safe from cyber-attacks.
Compliance can be daunting, especially when failure to meet it means large fines and legal problems. However, it doesn’t have to be an overwhelming process. Working with an experienced team of professionals will benefit your business by knowing it has a process and methodology in place to address this ongoing and ever-changing requirement.
Why choose W. O'Donnell Consulting
We have many years of experience in securing computer networks. We know that a computer network is an ever-changing component of a business—it is not static. We have the expertise to identify what your company needs and how to get to its initial compliance goal cost-effectively. We can ensure that your company has the assessment and remediation documentation it needs ongoing to prove that it is addressing network environment changes as required to maintain that compliance over time.
W. O’Donnell Consulting is your trusted local provider to ensure your company meets NY SHIELD Act compliance requirements. When you partner with us, you can be confident that your company will be well advised. Contact us today to gain more insight into our NY SHIELD Act compliance services.
Free Consultation and Discussion
Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more about how we can work together so you can have a trusted IT partner that has your best interest at heart.
Mobile Device Security
- Mobile device VPN solutions
- Mobile device encryption solutions
- Mobile device secure browsing solutions
- Microsoft Intune
Microsoft Azure Backup
- Scale easily with no storage limits
- No costly appliance to support and maintain
- Data is encrypted in transit and at rest
- Resilience via Locally Redundant Storage, Geo-redundant storage, or Zone-redundant storage
- Application consistent backups
Best in Class
We are aware that a wide array of technology vendors exist and painstakingly look for and test best-in-class emerging solutions to ensure your business makes the right choice.
We are dedicated to our clients and doing what is in their best interest. Our goal is to implement technology that is proven, affordable and actually works for the benefit of our clients.
We have consulted on and managed numerous IT projects, including large-scale international projects. Call us to discuss your initiatives and leverage our experience to benefit you.