New York City
Proudly serving NYC for over 20 years
W. O’Donnell Consulting is your trusted local CryptoLocker removal solutions and support services company in the NYC area. If your business has been infected with CryptoLocker, we’ll get rid of it fast, and ensure you’re protected as well as can be from future attacks. Contact us today to learn more.
CryptoLocker is a serious threat to digital security across an entire business enterprise. CryptoLocker hijacks your network in return for money. It’s often downloaded unwittingly by a user opening an email attachment. Once in, it locks up your system or encrypts your files. It then demands a ransom payment if you want things restored to normal and your data recovered.
According to statistics from the U.S. Department of Justice, since 2016, organizations have run into over 4,000 ransomware attacks daily, or about 1.5 million per year. CryptoLocker is no doubt a criminal-level malware. When distributed, it spreads the risk for businesses and users to lose their files, as well as their money by paying the ransom. Specifically, it can hurt productivity and increase IT (Information Technology) costs and legal fees.
But there is protection from this danger. W. O’Donnell Consulting has the technology and expertise to help your company guard against CryptoLocker attacks.
What does a CryptoLocker attack look like?
How do you know whether you need removal services? How do you know you are under CryptoLocker attack? There are some obvious signs:
- Suddenly you have a blocked screen that denies you access to the computer and network.
- Your files won’t open or are encrypted for no reason.
- You find that some file extension drives like C, E or G are missing or locked in your PC for no apparent reason.
You start to receive instructions like pop-up messages from unknown sources demanding payment of the ransom.
Responding to a CryptoLocker attack
Prioritize protection over removal
The easiest way to remove CryptoLocker is to avoid getting infected in the first place. This can be done by staying informed on the current popular cybercrime schemes and how to avoid them.
Don’t pay the ransom
To pay or not to pay is the question, especially given the array of conflicting advice around best practices about CryptoLocker removal. However, the FBI and cybersecurity experts argue that it does not pay to pony up for a ransom. There is no guarantee that malicious attackers will even play fairly and agree to the terms of removing the CryptoLocker. According to a recent article published by Forbes, 92% of organizations who pay don’t get all their data back.
Instead, contact the FBI or federal law enforcement agency about any suspected malware or CryptoLocker attacks. Spreading malware is a federal crime and cybersecurity agents may have experience dealing with similar schemes and have the technical expertise to completely remove CryptoLocker.
Keep your system running, disconnect from the network
An infected computer might be at risk of spreading malware to other connected computers, so it is important to disconnect a target device immediately from the network.
However, turning off or rebooting the computer system is not recommended because that can lock the operating system and permanently block files from being accessed or recovered.
Research your OS
There are solutions that can remove CryptoLocker or assist in file recovery, but the operating system of an underlying computer impacts the ability. For example, CryptoLocker removal for a Mac can be much more difficult than CryptoLocker removal for a PC.
Seek expert support for CryptoLocker Removal
CryptoLocker attacks can be stopped. W. O’Donnell Consulting is a reliable CryptoLocker removal support provider and our meticulous services offer the following vital benefits:
- Remove CryptoLocker within hours and get you off the hook for the ransom.
- Restore and recover your data before they are compromised covertly or openly by the hackers.
- Minimize your business losses via our response and mitigation
- Prevent CryptoLocker attacks from happening to your company on an ongoing basis
As a CryptoLocker removal support services company, we follow these careful practices:
- Threat evaluation: We determine the attack vector and the type of CryptoLocker variant in place. Then we evaluate your risk based on the power of the CryptoLocker and its threat records and advise you about your options for handling the malware.
- CryptoLocker removal and mitigation: Upon your request, we will remove the CryptoLocker and mitigate the exploited vulnerabilities to beef up your IT security posture against similar future attacks.
- Data recovery: Our team will use every tool at our disposal to recover your data from available sources.
- Documentation: We clearly report details of the work done and any vulnerabilities we found during the process.
To learn more about the most effective ways to remove CryptoLocker and protect against malware threats, contact W. O’Donnell Consulting.
Free Consultation and Discussion
Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more about how this solution can help your organization reduce its risk profile by better protecting your network and data.
- Allow only authorized software, scripts, executables, to run/execute on servers and endpoints
- ‘Default Deny’ approach protects your network
- Peace of mind knowing that new malware/ransomware cannot run on your network
Microsoft Azure Backup
- Scale easily with no storage limits
- No costly appliance to support and maintain
- Data is encrypted in transit and at rest
- Resilience via Locally Redundant Storage, Geo-redundant storage, or Zone-redundant storage
- Application consistent backups
Best in Class
We are aware that a wide array of technology vendors exist and painstakingly look for and test best-in-class emerging solutions to ensure your business makes the right choice.
We are dedicated to our clients and doing what is in their best interest. Our goal is to implement technology that is proven, affordable and actually works for the benefit of our clients.
We have consulted on and managed numerous IT projects, including large-scale international projects. Call us to discuss your initiatives and leverage our experience to benefit you.